Hi. I'm Simon. Inspired by Kyle MacDonald's quest to trade up to a house with only one red paperclip as a start, I thought I'd try a similar project/adventure with a slight twist... Everything has to be in two's or an item that technically comes in pairs! Here goes...

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Yesterday was not a good day

If you are a returning visitor you may have noticed absolutely no activity here yesterday... I was really ill. Beast of a headache and a couple of "technicolour yawns" (the concept of too much information is wasted on me!)

Fresh start today. Been back to my addiction to "Surfing for credits" and one one blog came across a nifty twist on a hit counter which maps your visitors, so I get me one of those too. It's under the links and stuff on the sidebar. Looks a bit more interesting than a plain counter.

Anyway... this is all about the trading up project, and although I am getting hits I still haven't received any offers for the gig tickets. I thought they would be a difficult one. If you want the tickets (scroll down for details of the gig) or have another trade offer for the Two Red Paperclips then jump in!

Later.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"technicolour yawn" - lol!!!

Not heard that since I was at school and that was nearly 20 years ago!!!!

Get well soon mate.

5:41 PM

 
Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

hope you get to feeling better real soon ....
caralyn

8:35 PM

 
Blogger EJL said...

so do you still have the two paperclips? I can't find on here where you have traded them. If not...I will trade something!

6:36 AM

 
Blogger Busy Blogger said...

I'm sorry you were sick. The "technical yawns" is priceless!

Great blog. And thanks for all your suggestions for mine.

Olivia

4:50 PM

 
Blogger CyberCelt said...

Howdy:

Wanted to send you an email about your blog rental from last week, but no email link or anyway to contact you.

blogger@cooladz.com

5:59 PM

 
Blogger Simon said...

Hi ~j~ ... thanks!

Hi caralyn ... thanks also :-)

Hi multimedia boy ... cheers for accepting my rent money!

Hi ellie... great blog you've got. Yeah I've still got the (soon to be) famous Two Red Paperclips. If you've got two of something or something in "pairs" in the way we say a pair of jeans or a pair of headphones etc. then get back to me. I'm in the UK so it would have to be a postal trade, but traders will get MUCHO exposure on this site so let's hear the offers!!!

Hi vocabulary booster gal... thanks and hope the info will help with your blog :-)

Hi cybercelt... I haven't worked out a good way to put an email addy on here that spam spiders can't read. Mailto's are harvested in no time at all. Currently I only get messages about this site from the nice people who you can read have left comments, and no spam crud. That's the way I like it, need to find a good email script though :-)

Hi to Anonymous who left a on my first post... If you knew anything about Kyle MacDonald and his project you'd know that I am not a "copycat" as he has clearly and puclically stated that he encourages others to do their own and this is why I am doing this!! Heck, he has even put a link to me on his blog! I rest my case, but thanks for stopping by anyway. You didn't cause any offence :-)

Simon.

12:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, I am quite familiar with Kyle McDonald. Just because he says it's ok with him that other people copy him, doesn't mean that it IS okay. It's just ok to him. It's not ok to me. You could find probably an equal number of people who think it is ok to recycle old ideas and people who don't. That's all I am saying. I wouldn't even visit this site except that I keep stumbling on it while surfing.

9:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
website promotion

View My Stats

My BlogMad Ranking