Hi. I'm Simon. Inspired by Kyle MacDonald's quest to trade up to a house with only one red paperclip as a start, I thought I'd try a similar project/adventure with a slight twist... Everything has to be in two's or an item that technically comes in pairs! Here goes...

Monday, May 01, 2006

Getting the hits

I was going to post earlier, before nipping out to the shops etc. congratulating myself on my hit counter (right at the bottom of the page) reaching the 300 mark for unique hits, and this blog/site/project/adventure type thing has only been live for thirteen days! However, I didn't and popped out first. Now, as I look at the bottom of the page it's on 339 ... today is a "good hit day"!

For those familiar with Blogexplosion I have been "Surfing for Credits" for days, and currently have rented a little space on 12 people's blogs ... man that's a lot of surfing. In fact I'm doing it now in another window! It's become addictive. I find it hard to leave the PC because I am missing out on credits I could be earning ('scuse me a second ...another 0.5 credits! ... okay I'm back, where was I?) and the highlight which is the random Mystery Credits. Once I got 50 (once!) but usually it's 2 or 3 now and again. (Another 0.5 ... and I'm back) At least the results are showing. The hit counter now shows 340 and rising. Hard work (well, surfing) *does* pay off!

I made a banner at addesigner.com which looks ok, which is "Awaiting admin approva" at BlogEx. Hopefully I can get this displayed and get some more traffic.
Traffic = people = (hopefully) participation.

What else was I going to say? (...bah, another 0.5 not a Mystery Credits prize...) oh yeah, I'd like to say thanks for all the nice comments and emails wishing me well on this journey, and to those who have blogrolled me or mentioned me in a post. BIG thanks guys, good health to you. I still of course need all the help I can get so, although there isn't much progress with the trading *yet*, if you can link to me, or just tell someone about this that would be great! I ain't too proud to beg ... sounds like a song ;-)

Later.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracy S said...

Hey have you tried Blog Mad where you get 1 credit for every blog surfed?

You really should try it but I warn you that too is very addicting.

11:53 AM

 
Blogger Simon said...

Hi Storm... I did create an account last night and have sirfed over 100 sites so far, but they don't seem to have schemes as good as BlogExplosion to spend the credits on. I did try the lotto and a puzzle game, which used up credits but I dunno what was the actual result of me doing them! I like the Rent My Blog at BE and hoped they had something similar. Unless of course I am being dense and missed something at BlogMad!
Simon.

12:55 PM

 
Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

omg, been blogging for a year, and still i have no idea what either of you is speaking of...lol. just goes to show ya, i blog like a diary.... not like for fellow bloggers, there for i consider myself lucky to have ya'all who come to read everyday.
well simon, sounds like you are off to a great start... i saw that one of my best friends whom also blogs , (h.s. friend) has added you to her roll, and also posted about you... so lets hope we bring you some traffic which in turn brings you some trades!!! :)
good luck.......
caralyn

5:49 PM

 
Blogger Bitch from Hell said...

oh i almost forgot, lol that is a song! cant remember the band name, some kiddy rap artists back in the 90"s .... google it. teehee
caralyn

5:51 PM

 
Blogger ZZ Staff said...

The writers of ZardozZ News & Satire and the ZZ OpenWeb Portal search the web for interesting feed content and we came across your site today. We would like to invite you to add your site's url to the ZZ OpenRing blogring as your material appears interesting and aligned with our readership. Your posts on Link Links on Blog Explosion was also very interesting. If you are interested you can find further information at the ZZ OpenRing. This is not meant as spam but as an invitation. Hope you'll join us...

2:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
website promotion

View My Stats

My BlogMad Ranking