Hi. I'm Simon. Inspired by Kyle MacDonald's quest to trade up to a house with only one red paperclip as a start, I thought I'd try a similar project/adventure with a slight twist... Everything has to be in two's or an item that technically comes in pairs! Here goes...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

How are things progressing?

I've made some efforts to get links out there, and submitted my URL to Google. Also, joined BlogExplosion, looks like a nifty way to get traffic to your blog if you have one, and made some moves on there. Another way to get more traffic to your site or blog is a link exchange *HINT HINT*...! Whilst on the forums at BlogExchange I found a post about Glass Palace Directory and I have submitted myself to that. All links count, so if you have a blog or site PLEASE PLEASE link to me. It's not like I am sitting back asking others to spread the word or promote this, I've spent hours and hours over the last few days but there's only so much one person can do!

Oh yeah, I'm slowly learning about HTML and stuff and I've managed to insert links and some scripts but I really need to make major changes to the layout and colour scheme! If anyone has any tips, pointers, constructive criticism (I didn't make the template!!) or can offer any help at all please get in touch, by hitting "Comment" at the end of any post and messaging me there. Oh yeah, I know the Adsense looks ugly and out of place, but I've still to find out how to move it somewhere better!

Later.

7 Comments:

Blogger CyberCelt said...

Hello!

Welcome to BE and to CoolAdzine for Marketers (you are my cool blog of the week).

You may want to visit CoolAdz.com. I have an entire page about how to market your blog:
http://cooladz.com/blog-advertising-and-feed-marketing.htm

Again, welcome.

Eileen

10:56 AM

 
Blogger The Radical Notion said...

Surfed here through Angels & Demons. A tip: your adsense will never make you any real money. Ads are ugly. Just ditch 'em. I remember when I first started and there's so much to learn with the HTML and getting traffic. Try Blog Mad, too, and technorati.

If you need websites for finding new templates and such, let me know and I'll email you a list.

Welcome to the blogosphere!

12:51 PM

 
Blogger xox said...

I arrived here via Angels & Demons as well. I wish you luck with your project and learning how to set-up your blog. I'm new to it too, so don't really have any tips for you. I'll keep an eye on your progression and how you develop it and the site. All the best. Cheers.

2:23 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I like your Idea. I will trade you 2 Tips for your paperclips. Heck I'll give you them free. After all you are renting out my blog this week. Thank you. For traffic exchange sites like blogexplosion check these out.
http://plusultrapics.blogspot.com/2006/03/traffic-exchange.html
Believe me you can make money on adsense, I do. I will give you some tips later.

6:10 PM

 
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Fun to meet you...Sent over by Presentstorm...I have one suggestion and it is a selfish one...Because my eyesight is not great, I find it hard to read little print, especially againt black...Some of us older folk, (lol) have this ongoing problem...
Thanks for asking for suggestions, btw.

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Mitey Mite said...

Here from PresentStorm .. I read down through your posts and you had me at "whilst". Good luck with your trading. It will be fun to watch things progress.

P.S. I have no tips for you. Half the time I can't even get my links to work. I am very computer illiterate.

4:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Whilst

From that page: "Chiefly British" ;-)

12:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
website promotion

View My Stats

My BlogMad Ranking